So this is a 2 part post… first, I’ve seen this challenge all over Plurk & Flickr. I don’t know where it began, but it sounded fun and I decided to share with you my ten favorite blogs. This was not an easy list to make, as there are so many blogs I love for SL. My choices are in no way in any special order, with one exception. My first blog is one I’ve used so much in the past year. It’s a blog that’s about being a tool and that gave all of us who love shopping a new outlet for information. So, here… without further ado:
My Top 10
1. Seraphim: Oh, Seraphim. You’ve been such a great help. As a shopper, creator, event owner and now as a blogger, I am tremendously grateful for what all of the Seraphim bloggers contribute to the SL community.
2. Style Minions: Okay, how do you not love a blog with the name Style Minions? Aside from a name I find very amusing, these ladies post first rate pics and provide lots of detail. It’s a resourceful blog with great photography and writing!
3. Harlow Heslop: Harlow is someone I met through Plurk. She’s unbelievably kind and helpful and puts up with random, goofy IMs from me. I first “noticed” Harlow because of her popular blog. I read it quietly, admired her work tremendously and am very grateful to now consider her a friend.
4. Chance Raynier: Chance creates such great scenes for his blog posts. Often quirky and unique, his sense of style is really awesome. He also tells stories with his pictures, something I want to try to do more of myself. Finally, I know of his struggles in RL with chronic illness, and it’s something we share. The amount of time and energy he still finds to devote to his SL passions inspires me to push when I feel rotten.
5. Shopping Cart Disco: Some love you, some hate you… count me in the love column. I like real, and I think you guys keep things very real. Besides, what’s Sunday without a little side dish of SL Secrets drama to go with my cup of tea? And for those who prefer sweet over tart, there’s Sweet Fridays. I love both and everything in between.
6. Double Exposure: Ayla & Dolly are sassy and sexy… just visit their blog. You’ll have to click a disclaimer to get to it! I love that you both have such awesome, individual looks and work so well together. I enjoy seeing your pics pop up on Flickr and I love seeing the posts that go with them.
7. Flirting With Fashion: I don’t know Lauren Minuet except through her photostream and blog. But I love her style, and her blog is so clean with gorgeous photography.
8. Little Miss Fashion Cupcake: Cupcakes are cute, and so is Maci Restless. I love her pics… even when she’s being adorable, Maci’s style is timeless and elegant. Her blog is so clean and simple, nothing flashy or over the top. And I’m just loving her newly gingered hair!
9. Strawberry Singh: I think Berry’s is the first SL blog I’d ever visited… she is incredibly talented. Her photography is just superb. She is one of those SL photographers who has elevated it to an art form. I’ve also gotten to know her through her Plurks, and from what I’ve seen she lives up to her name. She’s sweet with just a bit of sass – like a perfect strawberry.
10. Sweet Sexy Crazy: Kaelyn Alecto is seriously nice. Beyond that, she’s a brilliant SL photographer… especially when it comes to pics that tell stories. I love her Flickr stream because her Second Life pics, whether or not they seem heavily edited or just off the cuff, are so filled with life. That’s a challenge when working in a virtual world, but it’s one Kae has conquered nicely.
And here I am, working on this post in my Funky Junk fall shed (from a recent Fifty Linden Friday round)… my desk and accessories is sort of an interesting mix of What Next items. The chair, laptop & coffee mug come from the older Blogger office set (ciel), but the desk, lamp, typewriter key pics and rug are all from the newer Novelle set. The Blogger picture frame, corkboard, and journal are from a recent Lazy Sunday item, the Blogger Accessories set. The Novelle set was a Vintage Fair item, and if you’d like to see the full set you can check out the post I did that featured it. I love the vintage typewriter, but for a post about blogging, it seemed a tad anachronous, so I stuck to the laptop for this one! My adorable stove is from LISP… I love fireplaces and wood burning stoves, and those who have visited my SL houses know I add a lot of them! My outfit is from Somnia. It’s comfy and casual and perfect for lounging about in. This adorable hair is a gift for the Summer Harvest Hunt from Alice Project. It’s definitely worth doing this hunt just to grab this hair!
Now for Part 2… This jacket, a recent release from LeeZu, is just incredibly detailed. I don’t usually do 3 pics of one look, but I had to try to show as many facets of this as possible. Let’s start with the back, because it’s pretty spectacular. There are a lot of great color options on this coat, but I fell for the olive. I loved that it had some brown and beige tones, which gave me the chance to wear my slouchy Maitreya boots.
The hair I’m wearing in this look, Skai, is new from Truth. This style is so quirky and since LeeZu is known for couture looks, I decided it just begged to be paired with this jacket. I’m also happy to have an opportunity to show off my metallic gradient nails from Izzie’s… and this stunning ring from Maxi Gossamer. It’s part of the set, and I’m also wearing the necklace from that set.
This skin is new to me, but it’s an older skin from, yep, you guessed it, Izzie’s. When Izzie Button released Faith earlier this week, I fell in love with it. There are even two versions, with light blonde brows, out now as the VIP gift. I have those, and I’ve made a shape to wear with them and will do a post for it soon. But while I was demoing Faith, Brianna caught my eye. I’ve noticed this skin before, and I even have an eyeshadow set designed for it… I tried it on and just loved it so much that I wound up buying it instead of Faith (for now).
Well, that’s all from me for now. I think I need to get into Second Life and check out The Aracade. I want to be a hamster. 😉
Skin: Izzie’s – Elena – Sunkissed
Hair: Alice Project – Keira
Outfit: Somnia – Comfort In The Rain – Green
Socks: Maitreya – Scrunched Prim Socks
Desk & Accessories – What Next (mixed sets, see details in post)
Stove & Kettle: LISP – Smooth Iron Stove – Grey, blue kettle
House: Funky Junk – Fall Shed
Skin: Izzie’s – Brianna – Sunkissed
Eyes: IKON – Kaleido – Forest
Hair: Truth – Skai – Sangria w/roots
Jewelry: Maxi Gossamer – Gold Agate
Nails: Izzie’s – Metallic Gradient nails
Jacket: LeeZu – DouceMan – Olive
Top: Ingenue – Amelie – Camel
Pants: Nyte & Day – Transpose II – Khaki
Boot: Maitreya – Radikal Boots – Suede Chamoisee
Poses: Embody – Bride 5 (pic 1), Cheesecake 3 (pic 2) & Charm 5 (pic 3)